Pham Woodbridge Interview - Beginnings, Workout & diet plans
how did you start fitness ?
As a child I was always one of the youngest in my class. Throughout my high school years, I weighed only about 50 kilograms and had increased not an ounce.
In the summer of 2001, I happened to meet an old school friend and could not believe how he had changed. For a thin guy a leaner and fully-trained type had become!
At this moment in me the desire arose exactly look like that! Within 9 years, I have slowly built up muscle mass and am now bringing proud 72.5 kg on the scales.
Where does your motivation come from ?
The results that I can see are definitely the biggest incentive for me. At each muscular strenuous exercise series, at each repetition, in which burn the muscles, and on every terrible serving tuna, I know that I so forme a bigger, better and stronger body!
This drives me to stay disciplined and me every single day to tear open the butt!
What kind of workout plan you get along best ?
I train five days and pause two days. Monday to Friday I tire my muscles. Saturday and Sunday I rest, recuperating and the muscles builds up again.
Workout plan :
Monday: Chest / Calves
- Barbell Press in an inclined position – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Press in an inclined position – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press – 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Backward inclined Hammerpress with wide grip posture – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Cable crossover passages 7 x 10-12 reps (30 second rest between trials)
- Calf raises standing – 3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Calf raises while sitting – 3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Ass calf raises – 3 x 15-20 reps passages
- Lat pull down – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Romanian Dead lifts-3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- T-Bar Rows – 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Cable Rows 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Dumbbell Rows with one arm – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Cable Pull Downs with a stretched arm – 7 crossings x 10-12 reps (30 second rest between trials)
Wednesday: Thigh / Buttocks / Tummy
- Squats with barbell – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Hammer Strength Hack Squat – 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Overflowed Lunges with barbell – 3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Leg extensions – 3 rounds x 12-15 reps
- Leg curls sitting down – 3 x 10-12 reps passages
- Leg Curls lying – 3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Dead lifts with straight legs-3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Leg curls while standing with one leg – 3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Windshield wipers – 3 rounds x 10 reps
- Cable Crunches – 3 rounds x 10-12 reps
- Cable Oblique Crunches – 3 rounds x 12-15 reps
- Swiss ball crunches – 3 x 15-20 reps passages
Thursday: Shoulders / Trapeze
- Dumbbell presses while seated – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Lateral Dumbbell Raise – 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Hammer Strength Press in seats – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Front raises with barbell – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Reverse pec deck flyes sitting down – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Dumbbell Shrugs standing – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Hammer Strength Shrugs sitting down – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Smith Machine Shrugs 3 rounds x 15-20 reps
Friday: Biceps/ Triceps
- Barbell Curls 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls 3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls-3 x 8-10 reps passages
- Cable / Rope Hammer Curls-3 x 12-15 reps passages
- Barbell press with narrow grip posture – 3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Ez Bar Cable Press Downs-3 rounds x 8-10 reps
- Rope Extensions 3 x 10-12 reps passages
- Cable Extensions underhand with one arm – 3 rounds x 12-15 reps
- Shoulder press 45 kg x 7 reps at 72 kg
If you could choose only 3 exercises, what would you take and why?
If I had to pick my three different exercises that would be the following:
- Incline Barbell Press: To train chest and triceps and really emphasize the midline of the chest
- Pull Ups: To train back and biceps and really get those muscles as strong as possible
- Squats: To train the legs, and this full-body exercise is also a great workout for the entire body
What about your diet?
My diet consists of a lot of lean meat, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats. I consistently eat every 2 ½ to 3 hours, something to stimulate the substance exchange.
6:00 clock – whey protein shake with glutamine
7:00 clock – 6 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
10:00 clock (pre-workout meal) – 1 can of tuna, 2 slices of whole grain bread, 1/4 avocado
12: 00 Clock – Training
13:00 clock – whey protein shake with glutamine
14:00 clock (post workout meal) – 230 grams of chicken breast, 1 cup white rice, 1/4 avocado
brown 230 grams of salmon, 1 cup – 17:00 clock rice, 1/4 avocado
20:00 clock – 230 grams of chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, avocado
22:00 clock – casein protein shake with glutamine
It always means that the meals would be before and after the training, the most important of the day, what do your meals look like?
My pre-workout meal consists of a protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats (1 can of tuna, 2 slices of whole grain bread, ¼ avocado ) and my post-workout meal is au its protein, simple carbohydrates, and healthy fats (230 grams chicken breast, 1 cup of white rice, ¼ avocado).
Who is your favorite bodybuilder?
My absolute favorite bodybuilder Hidetada Yamagishi and example is from Japan.
In bodybuilding there are not many Asians, and he is the very best! Admirable size, symmetry and dedication!
“Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.” – Muhammad Ali